Monday, June 08, 2015

Jamboree 2015 - What was it all about?

I had a great experience at Jamboree this year although I had a cold the entire time and was constantly being told I looked awful. Now I have the lingering caugh.....

I took full advantage of the Ancestry scanning booth.  The quality of their scans is superior and they are so fast that you can get hundreds of scans. Here are a couple from two scrapbooks I had scanned.

My mother on the left, 2nd Lieutenant Marie Orr abt 1946

My father, James H. McManus, taken 1942. He was just 22 years old.




Conference Resource, who recorded everything that was not live streamed, had a deal for 10 audio files on a flash drive for $69, normal price $11 each, so I purchased 10 audio files to listen to later. But, first, I need to watch the free online streaming of the recorded video feeds that will only be available until July 5 (http://genealogyjamboree.com/2015/streaming-overview.html). We're going up to see our granddaughter graduate from high school and I want the kids to see Matthew Hovorka's Get to Know Your Geezers.

More on the classes later.

No comments: