Friday, February 17, 2012

My adventures with the Family Search Wiki - Orange County California

After attending RootsTech and several sessions on contributing to the FamilySearch Wiki, I have finally started working on redesigning the Orange County, California wiki page. There is a lot of information about contributing to the wiki on the FS Wiki site, in some ways, too much.  The Genealogical Society of North Orange County California, to which I belong, was very excited in the summer of 2010 when FamilySearch came out and asked societies to adopt pages. We quickly asked for Orange County, California. We were really early on in the process with no experience in wiki markup language. I was still working full time with not much time to devote to the Wiki.  I made some additions, some corrections, and that was the end of it until RootsTech.